Thursday 4 June 2015

LIFE | Eye of the Wolfe #1

 photo Eye of Wolfe_zpsgzlimovq.jpg



Why, hello there again, fancy seeing you around these parts.


You may have noticed this space has been a non-existent, dusty little corner for a good few months, something i'm not too proud of. However, I am proud of the fact that I've now finished University after a looooong four years.



I DID IT! I BLOODY DID IT!

I thought i’d do a little series on my blog every week called …., ‘Eye of the Wolfe’. It’s going to be a weekly post every Friday/Saturday with a little insight into some of the things I get up to, with hopefully a few words of advice too. Let’s see how it goes!


After finishing all the exams, essay’s and assignments, we all inevitably get that stomach curdling feeling….WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW?!
Don’t panic, it’s a normal feeling, myself and every friend post-uni has had this feeling, the first thing to do is stop, look back and realise how well you’ve done, you’ve managed to get through three years of hard work and even harder partying, I jest! Go you! Now is the time to have some well deserved rest...and that doesn't have to mean lying in bed day after day watching Netflix, or alternating between the sofa, then bed, back to the sofa, I must admit I did take up these activities for a few days after my final hand in. By rest I mean taking the time to do what you want when you want! Obviously work might take up some of your days if you have a part time job, or even the majority of your week if your lucky enough to have a full time job lined up after finishing. But whatever you choose to do after these stressful few months, just remember don't put more pressure on yourself, live comfortably for a few weeks knowing you've just worked your ass off and can have some time to relax!


After deciding to follow my passion and study Dance as a career, I enrolled at Leeds Beckett University, formerly known as Leeds Metropolitan University! I've learned so much over these three years here ( I also did a year at Teeside Uni - not for me AT ALL) ...and not just in terms of education, but also in terms of my self. Yes yes, we hear all this stuff about 'finding yourself at uni, it's the start of a new beginning, bla bla. Which yeah I guess it kind of is, but I've noticed it's also completely up to you to mold your experience of uni yourself.
There aren't any teachers to keep you in check, so it's up to you to get to class and if you decide to walk halfway to uni and then turn around for the comfort of your bed that's okay too. That's not imagination, I actually had a friend who did that....almost everyday haha. Naming no names! Personally I wouldn’t advise doing so every day...yes, even if your head's splitting in two after chucking back those shots that are 'so-cheap-you-won’t-know-your-own-name-after-5’ and the last thing you can think of doing is sitting in a lecture theatre, or attempting to pirouette across the room. It's difficult, it takes motivation and it takes determination to get that degree at the end of it all. But you can do it!

Nerves, fear and pressure are three emotions I've felt frequently throughout my time, but those are also three emotions that have pushed me forward and made me keep going. So now as I take a step into a new chapter of my life, i'll always remember those difficult mornings where i pushed myself to get into class eyes half open, those never ending days in the library and those hours filled with stress as you attempt to submit an essay online with no internet connection. But what i'll really remember is the people I've met along the way, the support network I've built up in a new city, the nights out filled with dancing, fun and mischievous adventures, the feeling of relief when you get your marks back at the end of a semester and most of all the huge sense of achievement now that I've finally come to the end.

University can be daunting, exciting, pressurizing, interesting and downright challenging. Whether you decide it's for you or not, to me it's another jigsaw piece in the puzzle that is my life which fit perfectly.


Who else has just finished uni and is feeling like i am?! 


Thanks for reading!
 photo Signature 2_zps01bsok7v.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top