Saturday 6 June 2015

BEAUTY | Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes & Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer Review

 photo CT amp Nars_zpszk8brpkb.jpg

Fabulous, fluttery, flirtatious. That’s what we want from our eyelashes right? I have the smallest, like almost microscopic eyelashes! Back in the day, i remember piling on layer after layer of Rimmel’s Voluminous mascara, and then using a needle to separate my eyelashes. I’d strut out thinking my eyelashes were being admired, little did i know it just looked like i had spiders on my eyes and people were probably looking in horror! To compliment our eyelashes, sometimes we have days when we want to cover up our dark circles too, after that long night working or playing. Which is where concealer comes in oh so handy in faking that wide awake, i certainly wasn't out last night look. I picked up the Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes mascara and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Harvey Nichols, and now that i'm coming to time when i need to re-stock, i thought what a perfect time to do a review!
 photo Ct amp nars 2_zpsmctbaohg.jpg


Nowadays, there are so so many different wands, combs, and formula’s for mascara it’s difficult to know which one will work for you without actually testing it. And unfortunately, that’s one make-up piece you can’t test out, conjunctivitis…. no thanks!

With describing words such as…

CURL 

VOLUME

3D-EFFECT

FLUTTERING


There's even a mascara out there called…..*whispers* Better Than Sex

It’s hard to not be enticed by the expansive choice we have. I do tend to try out a new mascara every time i’m running low. I'd heard so much about Full Fat Lashes and even watched a video of Charlotte herself applying it to a model, and hell I was sold! I purchased it for approximately £32 from the desk at Harvey Nichols, but it's available on Amazon too for a little more including delivery, which I've linked above if you want to take a look. The mascara itself when applied gives your eyelashes separation but not so much length. I found that after applying maybe three coats I got the length and volume I kind of wanted, not what I expected unfortunately. If you already have long lashes, it's probably perfect for you as I think it would have more effect. There's no fallout from this mascara which I love, who wants flecks of black all over their face halfway through the day! Removal is fairly easy too, although go easy on your eyes if you've triple layered like I do!

Concealer time! My usual concealer brand is MAC, but I wanted to explore other brands as a bit of a change up, a friend recommended the Nars Radiant to me and it's a product i'll definitely be picking up again. Priced at £27, again approximate as I've seen it a few different places at different prices. As I tend to use my concealer as the highlight of my contour routine, it's not too heavy to do so, but still gives a good coverage for those dark circles. The applicator is like a lipgloss sponge, acquiring just the right amount of product, one dunk for each eye and easy to draw a straight line down the nose for those no-surgery nose job contours!


Have you tried either of these products? What are your next purchases in the eye department?



Thanks for reading!

 photo Signature 2_zps01bsok7v.jpg










No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top