Monday 8 June 2015

BEAUTY | Nude Nails: OPI & Barry M







Without my nails painted I feel undone, incomplete. I’m serious. Even when a nail is chipped or the polish isn’t perfect on each nail I have a mini freakout in my head and discreetly look for the nearest nail bar. Okay, maybe I don’t do the latter but you get the picture.

Lately, I’ve been loving pastel colours and even more so nude! Normally I wouldn’t opt for browns or nudes as I think they blend with my skin tone too much and I end up with never ending fingertips, however that all changed when I came across the Barry M Nail Paint in Lychee and it seems to have won me over! The polish is in their Gelly Hi Shine range which I’ve been an avid fan of since they launched (collected over 15 colours, ooo make that 16 with the new addition) and took £3.99 from my pocket, not bad not bad. This beautiful creation is non-gloopy and gives such a brilliant shine once it’s dry, bringing me to my next high-five to Barry M..it literally dries within a minute or so meaning your next coat can be applied and dried within 5 minutes total! Winning! Especially since I always always try to do something just after painting my nails and it becomes smudge central for my fingernails then out comes the nail varnish remover for a redo, sigh!








Once i’d painted my nails the lurrrrvely nude I decided to give one special member of my finger family a bit of glitz 'n' glam! Thanks to OPI's Make Light Of The Situation from their new 2015 Soft Shades collection, coming in at £9.95, my ring (no...only using the name..no ring in sight) finger got a little shimmery! This polish is down right stunning, when I first saw the bottle, the first word that sprung to mind was ‘princess’...oh how I wish one slick of polish would give me a castle and a tiara, oooo and a moat, everyone who's anyone should have a moat! It looks almost iridescent in the bottle, but applied over any colour definitely adds an element of ‘WOW’ to your nails. As far as i’m concerned OPI and Barry M are the go to brands for nail polish, yes the price tag’s are a little bit of a stretch from each other, but well worth it in my opinion.

What nail colours make you feel like a princess? Or even a little villanous if you prefer the darker shades?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top