Sunday 28 June 2015

SISTERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGERS AWARD 2015

 photo Sisterhood-of-the-World-Bloggers1-864x501_zpsl6bf0frn.jpg

So this was an unexpected and heartwarming surprise when I opened up my Twitter notifications. The lovely Lauren over at Lauren Selwood nominated my blog for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award! I think the idea of awards within the blogging community is a really nice way of acknowledging each and every one of us, be it an experienced blogger with 100k views per month or a beginner blogger just starting out (we’ve all been there). The ideas, opinions and writing can get a bit much at times and these little nominations just remind you that there’s a whole community behind you for support. 

This award aims to ‘recognize the unique voices of women bloggers around the world’ ….awwww yay bloggers! 

Now I did find a few variations of the rules regarding number of questions and nominations. So I've stuck with the basics and chosen 4 nominations, cuuuz that’s my lucky number!


Rules


1. Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.

2. Answer the 10 questions your nominator has provided.

3. Nominate other bloggers.

4. Create 10 questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.

Thanks Lauren for nominating me, here are my answers to your questions, got me thinking here you did!



1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING?

I’ve always loved to write, whether it’s random notes in a notebook or fictional stories. Combing that love and my obsession with beauty and hair, it seemed a no brainer. But the main reason is so that when I’m older older older I can look back at what I got up to, what I liked, what I didn't like and who I was.   The world is changing and fast! 

2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BEAUTY BRAND?

This is a tough one! I’m going to have to say MAC, probably based on the fact that it makes up 70% of my makeup collection. But a close second would have to be Sleek, their contour kit is a godsend!

3. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM JOB?

A free-lance arts fundraiser. Now you’re probably like...a what? It’s hard to explain without writing you a 4000 word dissertation on it, but I basically want to build up a reputation and clientele list in order to aid Arts companies to continue to run and entertain the population! My fantasy job (as in a job i’m never realistically going to do, not like a fantasy dragon trainer) would be…. an FBI agent! 

4. IF YOU COULD TRAVEL ANYWHERE WHERE WOULD IT BE?

Florence! I have some weird urge to go, the buildings, the culture, i must go one day! If i could travel anywhere right now, somewhere hot and sunny….BALI!


5. WHERE IS YOUR DREAM PLACE TO LIVE?

L.A or Amsterdam. Two very different places but they both have beautiful scenery.  The houses in Amsterdam are all so unique, the canals are never ending yet L.A has enormous properties with loads of land and sun. Both! I choose both!


6. WHO INSPIRES YOU TO BLOG?

Hmmmm, because I've always wrote, I don’t know if a particular person has inspired me so much as my love of reading and writing. 


7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEAL?

Chicken and Riiiiiice.

8. WHAT IS YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?

Most definitely The Sims 4. I’m 23 years old and still not ashamed to say i play it, it’s obsessive. Like i get to control people. Virtual. Not real. People.Without feelings. It’s a game okay!

9. MOVIES OR BOOKS?

BOOKS. I have a profile over on Goodreads (amazing website if you love books) and you can set up a reading challenge which records how many and which books you read that year. So far, my goal is 100 books and I've read almost 30 i think? Now that I’m done with uni I expect that will increase very quickly!



10. WHAT DO YOU SPEND MORE TIME DOING, HAIR OR MAKEUP?

Make-up for sure, I get distracted by trying out new looks and then remember that I actually have to get ready to be somewhere. Then again, when I wear my hair straight it can take about 2 hours from wet to finished!

Okay, so that’s all done and dusted. My 10 questions for my nominations are as follows…

1.What’s the most difficult part of blogging?

2.What’s your favourite part of blogging?

3.Who is your favourite celebrity and why?

4.What TV series are you watching at the moment?

5.Winter or Summer?

6.Tell us something weird and wonderful about yourself?

7.Best memory from 2014?

8.Do you plan things or let them happen spontaneously?

9.Which power couple; Beyonce & Jay-Z or Kim and Kanye?

10. Favourite city?


The beautiful bloggers i’m nominating are….*drum roll*



Anyone else agree that this a fun way to get us all connecting?

Thanks for reading!

 photo Signature 2_zps01bsok7v.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top