Saturday 14 February 2015

BEAUTY | A (Lush) Valentines Day

 photo IMG_0287_zpsncnncwgo.jpg

The title...I know I know I'm already cringing inside. However, you can't deny it magically draws everything together. It's Valentine's Day and this post is about Lush products. Lush. Valentine's Day. A Lush Valentines Day? See...go me!

Anyway, down to the true nature of this post ey. Whilst wandering around Leeds City Centre today being a wingwoman for my friend Valentines Day shopping i decided to love myself and got some treats. Once over the perfumed/organic scent blast you receive upon stepping through the doors of many Lush stores, i sought out the bubblebar counter. Lush's bathbombs make having a bath the best damn thing you've done this week. And with that thought in mind i ended up at the till with this trilogy of nose pleasing beauties.

 photo IMG_0293_zpsc1z985vp.jpg

Lonely Heart Bubble Bar 

At £3.50 this little glittery heart is well worth the pain of having glitter constantly stuck to your hand after holding it for 1.2 seconds. Once you crumble some of this under the running hot water, comes the foaming bubbles set to put you in deep relaxation mode. THEN you get to be a Edward Cullen the 2nd with your glittering skin once you get out. Slightly annoying if your off to work, not at all if it's bed time! You only need half of this bar to produce a bath full of bubbles. That's two, at a push three beautifully smelling pink/red glittery baths.



 photo IMG_0294_zpsbiv6d67i.jpg

Heart Throb Bubbleroon


The shape of this bathbomb was the first thing that hooked me. It's an unusual sandwich of red hearts with a filling of gold glitter. Yep, more glitter all over everything...i am aware. Not as much as Lonely Hearts though. I love that this bubbleroon, as it's called, has a large helping of shea butter mixed in, leaving your skin moisturised and lovely. The scent is quite vanilla based with the familiar 'lush' mixture of goodness. £3.65 and its yours!



 photo IMG_0295_zps4cjib7m8.jpg
The Godmother Soap Block


Now, this one isn't actually from Valentines Day/Spring range. However...it is pink...and smells declicious. This one has the Snowfairy scent that comes in the bathbomb form but only at Christmas. Booo. Until then i can have my skin feeling smooth and smelling good enough to eat with this hot/dark pink block of soap. You can buy this from the huuuuge big bars on one of the counters and they usually weigh it out per 100g, i got my chunk for £3.66 to be precise and it weighed 116g. This literally does melt in your hands too, so quick quick quick.

Whatever your doing this valentines day, i hope it's filled with friends, fun and laughter. And of course..*cough* LOVE. I'm not sure what my plans are yet, but i'm 99.9% it's now going to involve one of the above and a hot bath!


Thanks for reading!
 photo Signature_zpskwlc3m9i.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love Lush, I get all my shampoo and soap there but I rarely stop to browse the bath bombs section - I think it's because thre's just so mch choice and I'm not sure what to go for! But that glitter sandwich one sounds amazing, and it looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually go in too often myself unless I'm looking to treat myself! But I'm always pleasantly surprised when i look at what's on offer!
      It's definitely worth a try, smells amazing :)

      Delete


Back to Top