Wednesday 28 January 2015

BEAUTY | High Street Haul!

Do you ever go shopping with the intention to only buy the things you NEED but once you unpack all your bags you have about 6538 items you didn't NEED you just really really wanted?! 

Yes?

Well that's exactly what I did yesterday, somehow my shopping list which consisted of necessities such as toothpaste, hairspray and other essentials that needed replacing remained unchecked. And I am now the owner of a few more high street purchases which I'll begin to reveal...


I don't know what it is but I can't walk past Superdrug or Boots without having a quick peek at the makeup. It draws me in, hands up, I can't help it! The store in the White Rose Shopping Centre in Leeds is a large one meaning they have all the extra makeup counters, including Makeup Revolution. I'm not sure if this is a new brand or one that I just kept walking past until recently, but I've found the prices are extremely affordable and it doesn't look cheap either!

 photo IMG_0245_zpsyim1k1fq.jpg





I picked up the 'Awesome Double Flick Liquid Eyeliner' in Black, I've almost ran out of the last one I had of this but it's last me about 4 months I think! Maybe a slight over-exaggeration but close enough! This eyeliner has two ends, one quite thin making it easy to do cat eye flicks, and the other slightly thicker, a bit like a felt tip, which does the job of filling in my eyelid line. I haven't had any problems with this smudging or doing that weird leak into your eyeball and creases thing.

 photo IMG_0246_zpsuwi4l2rq.jpg

 photo IMG_0247_zpsqpjn3sdx.jpg





I was giddy with potential new makeup excitement when I saw they had some limited edition eye shadow pallets on display for only £6! Bargain much?! I went for the 'Girls On Film' pallet which has 12 shimmer and 6 matte colours. The other pallets I found had a lot of pink and paler colours and unfortunately I don't tend to go for those with my skin tone as much. I chose this particular one as it's got my favourite browns with a few darker shades too, my fav fav fav is the 'Hold Tight' which is a grey shimmer and 'Frenzy All Down Your Spine' which is a brown/gold shimmer....what a name for an eye shadow might I add?!

 photo IMG_0248_zpscwruacw7.jpg


Before I made my exit I picked up some MUA Matte Perfect Primer for £4, I've just used the last of my Benefit Porefection and I'm going to use this as an interim primer for now. I have used this in the past and it has that silky, silicone feel on your face as opposed to other high street primers which are gel based. As I've mentioned before, I don't feel fully dressed unless my nails are done and I tend to always buy normal French manicured false nails so I can paint them a colour of my choice. However, seeing these Aztec print Elegant Touch nails at £4.35 I thought why not, let's push the boat out and get a pattern WITH as splash of colour. I'm wild aren't i?


 photo IMG_0249_zpsjy4te5dc.jpg

 photo IMG_0250_zpsfagqgfzu.jpg

 photo IMG_0251_zpsiqcq3mtb.jpg

I've always had a bit of a thing for rings. Midi-rings in particular, I love how they look sitting just above the knuckle and a little bit below your nail. In go an assortment of H&M gold bands and a cute little chain bracelet. I find you lose these kinds of rings quite easily as they do sit at the end of your finger, so I love that they only cost me £4.99 for 10, and the bracelet only £1.99. I can safely say I will be taking many more trips into H&M this spring! 

So regardless of the fact that i didn't actually intend to buy any of these items, i'd say it was a successful and necessary trip all round! Don't you agree?



What are your favourite high street stores? 

Thanks for reading!
 photo Signature_zpskwlc3m9i.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top